Saturday, August 30, 2008

the day of the birth ...

amongst the many surprise gifts showing up in my hands throughout the day yesterday ... the best was a book called 'crucifixion' ... a collection of the most famous paintings and photographs of Jesus Christ's crucifixion. my wife had bought in thailand a few weeks ago and managed to not only hide this purchase from me, but also displaced the second copy from the 'arts' section into the 'cooking' section so that me and twelve other store attendants, all looking for the book couldnt find it... for the past two weeks i had been dismissing my esp telling me that i was going to get the book on my birthday ... until the night before at maybe one o clock in bed she asked me to turn my back to her in bed and brought out a wrapped present... 'happy birthday' ... hmmm... it didnt look like a book... it wasnt a book... maybe the book was under the pillow, i thought ... it wasnt... 'i was sure you had bought the book for me ... ' i said ... and we went to sleep after the usual passionate session of love making ...

nine to six at work i got two presents from her... a pair of mr. grumpy cufflinks and two awesome tshirts that soon became the envy of the guys at work ... i got picked at six ten and upon arriving home found more presents from my family...

'well... ' she said with a smile on her face... 'if you come here right now and give me a kiss i might just give you another present...' 'not that i'm acting greedy or anything...' i said while quickly walking over to kiss her... and lo and behold ... out came the book i had been dying for since the moment my eyes fell on it ...

she has a habit of finding the most appropriate and awesome gifts and making my day, night, month, year, decade, lifetime ... be it sober or funny cufflinks, a watch without hands that still tells the time, a phone that has become an extention of my life, a book that might inspire my art further, flowers, chocolates, cards, notes, clothes, mugs, jewelry and the list goes on ...

i am a fortunate man to have found not only a woman who loves me for who i am, but a woman who selflessly gives all that she has to make me who i am. heres to a lifetime of us jaan, i heart you infinity to the power cube.

No comments: