Thursday, September 4, 2008

2:259

Another one of lifes coincidences ... in the years following 2004-5 i would often wake up from my sleep in the middle of the night and upon looking at the time would find it to be 2:59 a.m. Even if i were awake, i would often look at the clock right when the clock was striking 2:59 a.m. I used this as an inspiration for a short film I made called 2:59 a.m. which was about being stuck in one minute of time.

It was many years later in 2008 that i was searching for my name on the internet and came upon a link that offered to show where in the Holy Book my name was mentioned and i came upon the following text:

2:259 Or (take) the similitude of one who passed by a hamlet, all in ruins to its roofs. He said: "Oh! how shall Allah bring it (ever) to life, after (this) its death?" but Allah caused him to die for a hundred years, then raised him up (again). He said: "How long didst thou tarry (thus)?" He said: (Perhaps) a day or part of a day." He said: "Nay, thou hast tarried thus a hundred years; but look at thy food and thy drink; they show no signs of age; and look at thy donkey: And that We may make of thee a sign unto the people, Look further at the bones, how We bring them together and clothe them with flesh." When this was shown clearly to him, he said: "I know that Allah hath power over all things."

I believe that life is showing us signs all the time and whether we believe in them or understand them is up to us ... sometimes they make sense much later in life when you're looking back at how your story unfolded over the years. I remember once in life being surrounded by so many signs and coincidences that it drove me mad. I wait for the day when the signs shall return unto me; this time I'm ready for them.

No comments: